Family-Based Adjustment of Status Options

Immigrant Legal Resource Center (December 2018)

A noncitizen can pursue lawful permanent residence through a family member in two different ways—one, through consular processing at a U.S. consulate abroad,1 or two, through adjustment of status at a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) office or Immigration Court in the United States. This advisory focuses on family-based adjustment of status through INA § 245(a) and INA § 245(i).

Read More